Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Going Away Bash

Being as I am leaving soon... I had some family over last night for a BBQ. Invited Greg and his parents. Dan and his parents, as well. Some friends. I had a great time... thanks to all of you. Needless to say, I think there was a healthy amount of consumption of alcoholic beverages.

I would like to especially thank:

  • My parents, for being awesome and letting a bunch of people come over, eat, drink, and be merry.
  • Uncle Andy and Aunt Joyce, your gift is going to go a long way in my trip prep buying me a good pannier setup! Or bailing me out of jail in Europe :p
  • Melanie and Mike, the backpack was going to be purchased by me as my messenger bag wasn't sufficient, so this was a pleasant surprise!
  • Catherine, the $ will be buying my biker shorts and breathing shirts... which I need very much.
  • Jennie, me and Greg had discussed getting two way radios so we could communicate when we get a small distance apart. But like everything else we wanted the money was adding up and we weren't sure... so this should give you some peace of mind that we have these :)
  • Last, but NOT least :p, Sarah, for the awesome journal and book of obnoxious things to say. I needed a journal cause I want to keep a hardcopy one aside from this with some other things I do not want to share with my lovely audience. The journal is awesome. And well, like you said... the book is perfect... cause I WOULD say some of those things :p
Well, here we go. Final stretch. 5 days. Still gotta buy some stuff. Pack all my stuff. Greg's going away thing on Sunday. Plane Monday night. Gotta use my time wisely saying bye to some of you awesome people. Who wants to go to the bar? Lets do itttttt!

Frank



Addendum: Winds up Uncle Andy and Aunt Joyce paid for the passport. Thanks guys :P Thats all because Matt Kelley and Alex are lending me and Greg their pannier setup and trailer. You guys rock. We owe you big time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jerk. i came! and i didnt get a thankyou. i see how it is.
-amanda

Anonymous said...

yeah, jackass. you thank your fucking girl toy but i dont even get a mention beyond the fact that i was there? OOOO look at my fancy fucking journal. What ever happened to weight considerations? Fag.

Well i am taking my 19 years of companionship and slapping you in the face with it.

=P