Friday, July 13, 2007

Homeward Bound

Due to some stuff at home I am leaving Europe. It has been great but with all that stuff on my mind it was kind of clouding the experience... Europe will stay here.

So today I took a train ride from Budapest to Dresden. It was 550am to 245pm. Now I had the bright idea that since it was Thursday I should still go out. And I did. And since I went out... why go to sleep? It actually worked out well. I got back at like 4am which gave me enough time to pack, make sure everything was in place, and get to the train station and figure out what was up. When I got to Dresden I headed straight for Jeff's apartment. Now he is in Heidelberg so I thought I would be camping in the hallway til 11pm for his roomate to get home. But both Jeff and Rene were awesome and talked to the building manager so he let me in to Jeff's room.

Now, Saturday morning I have plans to catch a train to Berlin around 7am so I can arrive around 1030am. But it is already 215am. I think I am going to stay up and take the 5am. That will give me an extra two hours to get from the Berlin Hauptbahnof to the Berlin-Tegel Airport. Cause I have a flight to Heathrow at 445pm. I need to box my bike so I want to get there early so I can get all my shit packed in case they do not have the box for me to buy.

Once I get to Heathrow I get to spend 2 whole nights in the terminal waiting to fly back to Dulles... Monday night 530pm to 850pm. (7 hour flight, flying back in time zones though). So yeah, I am going to be that bum who shaves in the airport terminal and lives there for 2 days. Unless I can somehow get bumped up which would be amazinggggggggg!

Wish me luck.

See you all soon.

Thanks to everyone in Europe who has been amazing.


Love
Frank

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, Frank. Well let us know when you get home, I'll be thinking of you in that airport, poor thing. That must be miserable. Hope you get bumped up! ann

Winnie said...

hope everything is ok. i left you a message last week.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.